Daily, Bi-weekly, or Monthly Contact Lenses?
When you’re deciding on the different types of contacts there are many factors to take into consideration. Cost, care, and your particular vision needs all play a role in whether or not you should use Monthly, 2-Week or Daily Disposable contact lenses. Only your optometrist will know for sure which types of contacts are best for you, but this list can help you learn about your options.
Soft Lens vs. Hard Lens:
- Comfort: Daily wear soft contacts are often more comfortable and tougher to dislodge or move around than hard or rigid gas permeable (RGP) contacts.
Daily Contact Lenses
- Daily: Daily disposable contacts are meant to be placed in the eye every morning and thrown away every night. The benefits are that every day you get a new contact so no solution or storage is needed.
- Adaptation Period: Daily contacts have a very short adaptation time so first time wearers have an easy start and people switching can adapt quickly.
- Lifestyle: One and done is an easy care routine for many first-time wearers or people with active lifestyles.
- Cost: Annual Supply: $310 - $1,400 for two eyes.
2 Week Contact Lenses
- Care: 2 week contacts require basic care and upkeep, but also enable you to have one pair for a longer period of time than just a day.
- Vision Problems: Bi-weekly wear contacts are available for many different vision conditions.
- Lifestyle: These contacts are intended to be worn for two weeks. They only require a simple cleaning and storage in lens solution overnight to maintain safety and cleanliness.
- Cost: Annual Supply: $175 - $1,055 for two eyes.
Monthly Contact Lenses
- Care: Monthly wear contacts require basic care and upkeep, but also enable you to have one pair for an extended period of time.
- Vision Problems: Monthly contacts are available for many different vision conditions.
- Lifestyle: Because you’ll have these longer, they require some amount of responsibility to keep safe and clean.
- Cost: Annual Supply: $140 - $600 for two eyes.
What Types of Contact Lenses Are Right For You?
What it really comes down to isn’t necessarily how often you replace your contacts, it’s how the contacts you need feel and how they help your vision condition. ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses use the latest in vision technology to create the best contacts for your particular concern. So how does this technology help?
LACREON® Technology found in 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST – This daily disposable contact lens technology features a moisture-rich wetting material that results in a fresh, light feeling all day long.
HYDRACLEAR® PLUS Technology found in ACUVUE OASYS® 2 Week – This technology makes contact lenses ultra-smooth so you feel almost like you’re not even wearing contacts.
HYDRALUXE® Technology found in ACUVUE OASYS® 1 day – This uses a tear-infused design (throughout the contact lens – not just a coating) to work all day long helping to reduce tired-eye symptoms.