Find An Eye Doctor
Book Your Contact Lens Exam Today!
Use the map below to find an eye doctor near you and schedule your eye exam.
Don’t forget to sign up for your FREE* pair of ACUVUE® Contact Lenses and show your certificate at your appointment!
Types of Eye Doctors and Professionals
Eye doctors evaluate the overall health of your eyes and can also prescribe vision correction solutions such as glasses or contacts. Eye exams can detect over 270 different medical conditions, and if your vision is blurry or you have difficulty seeing in low light, an eye doctor may be able to prescribe a solution for you.
There are three types of eye care professionals you might see at your appointment—an ophthalmologist (MD), optometrist (OD) and optician. Ever wonder what each eye care professional does? Here’s a breakdown:
- Is a medical doctor (MD) or a doctor of osteopathic medicine (DO) and completed a residency in ophthalmology
- Manages and treats complex medical and surgical eye problems often by sub-specialty
- Can provide comprehensive eye examinations and may fit contact lenses
- Is a doctor of optometry (OD) and many have completed a specialized residency program
- Manages complex medical conditions and treats eye problems, sometimes by subspeciaty
- Provides comprehensive eye examinations and fits contact lenses
- Is a person engaged in providing eye wear and may have formal training and licensure based on state regulations
- Fits and sells eyewear based on prescriptions written by optometrists or ophthalmologists
- May provide assistance in dispensing contact lenses and, in some states, may oversee the fitting of contact lenses
ACUVUE® partners with a select group of eye care professionals as part of the ACUVUE® Preferred Partnership Program. As part of the partnership, they are well-informed on the latest products, exclusive offers, and programs for ACUVUE® Brand contact lenses.
ACUVUE® Multifocal Experts are eye care providers trained specifically on fitting ACUVUE® multifocal contact lenses. ACUVUE® Multifocal Experts have successfully completed a clinical case history knowledge assessment. This demonstrates proficiency, as assessed by ACUVUE®, in the use of the Multifocal fit guide.
Before your next eye exam, be sure to review our information on how to best prepare for your appointment.